it's a banner day!

I had the opportunity to play with a fun download from Lisa's Etsy shop. The great thing about it was that even though Lisa is in Sweden, BTW we're also 52Photos partners, I was able to download and print the very same day. No waiting...instant gratification! A good thing for time-crunched mama's!


The "be mine" garland is strung with Pink Sorbet baker's twine from The Twinery. I hung it from the shelves in our bedroom that has tons of photos of our kids {and just a few of us, ha, ha}. I used my 1" circle punch for the letters and then glued the letters to pink scallop-punched cardstock, which I then glued to recycled book pages. I now wish that I had added the heart scallop to a book page also, but it's still cute just the way it is. I like the clean, simple look of this project.

Of course, the girls played along, too, and had a ball with the glue sticks. Each of them picked out their own phrases, glued their own letters {that's why a few are a little wonky} and chose what color cardstock and baker's twine they wanted to use!

For Victoria's garland, we used Lilac twine and gathered three strands of twine to knot between each letter and heart. She did not take Mommy's recommendation to use the pattern xo, xo, xo. She thought that x, heart, o, heart, x, heart, o was a much better pattern and wouldn't compromise. Ca-ute, just like my Spunky!


And for Isabella's garland, she chose Pink Sorbet twine. This time, I just knotted three short strands of baker's twine at each end of the phrase {u r loved} and hung from her bedroom door. Precious, just as she is!


And, yes, it IS possible to make a garland look masculine enough for the boys in your life, click over to check it out!

11 comments

  1. Good morning Monika!
    How wonderful it is to be greeted this way ;-))
    Your banners are beautiful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those banners! I imagine each room in your house filled with homemade goodness--it must be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great banners:)Love the Bakers Twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so sweet Monika. Love hearing how you craft with your girls :)
    (I so need to re-stock my twine supply!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so, so cute! I especially love the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love these!! My favorite is the first one with the book background!

    ReplyDelete

paper. art. love. | since 2010
Gratitude Journals + Mini Books, Embellishment Kits + Supplies, Midori Notebooks and Printables at www.iloveitall.etsy.com