let's get sketchy...

...together. Be sure to stop by Ella Publishing Co. today for another inspiring sketch by my friend Donna Jannuzzi of the


Says Donna:

Visit the Ella blog every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month from now through September to see a brand new sketch and layouts created by me from the sketch.  Along the way I'll share some of my favorite tips and tricks for getting the most from your sketches.  Plus, each week I've invited one of the Ella Friends to stretch the sketch and create another layout based on that same sketch so you'll get double the inspiration!  Each month you can join in the fun by making your own layouts based on the sketches presented to be eligible for some great prizes.

Want to join in the fun?  Here's how to play:  First, create your layout based on the sketch.  Next, post it to your blog or any online album and be sure to mention where you got the sketch in your post or caption.  Third, come back to this post and share the link to your layout.  All entries must be posted by April 30, 2011, 11:59 pm PST.  The winner of each month will be chosen at random and will be announced on The Daily Trumpet.

I'm honored to be the first Ella Friend to have the opportunity to use a sketch Donna created and to play with it and make it my own. To see the original sketch and to enter your layout based on this week's sketch, be sure to stop by the Ella blog for the details, the sketch and the prize reveal!

8.5x11 | paper {american crafts, pebbles, kraft} sticker {cosmo cricket} pen {zig} foam tabs, embroidery floss, jewelry tag {craft supply}

The journaling says most of what was in my heart. I still can't get over the fact that Victoria was so completely entranced by blowing her poofyhead to make a wish that she totally forgot that I was crouched down so near to her trying to capture it all with a photograph. And, this, just after she had told me not to listen to her making her wish. If you just could have heard how sweetly she whispered her wish. Oh my. I hope that I will always remember just how soft her voice was. And just how she said her words. Makes my heart melt, still.


Here I scored some patterned cardstock and folded in half, then used my Threading Waters Fiskers border punch {the only border punch I have}. I punched the holes to "sew" my punched border to the kraft with my paper piercer and then used embroidery floss to attach.

4 comments

  1. Such a sweet layout - I love your handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of your LO and how you've sewn through the threading waters punched border (I can't believe that's your only border punch!!!). The journalling is beautiful & very heartfelt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Would have never thought to sew on my border punch-what a great idea. That picture is so lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout. Love the photo and I love the stitching. I never thought of it either, but I'm gonna try it! :)

    ReplyDelete

paper. art. love. | since 2010
Gratitude Journals + Mini Books, Embellishment Kits + Supplies, Midori Notebooks and Printables at www.iloveitall.etsy.com